In print: Debate should be over pace of reduction
I’ll give Susan Parker credit for changing the title (I like hers better) but otherwise pretty much leaving the piece alone. This is in today’s Daily Times.
As I write this on the eve of President Obama’s State of the Union address, it’s anticipated he’ll talk about competitiveness and investment as vehicles to get our moribund economy going. Some Congressmen will stand and applaud particular lines while it’s likely the majority will sit on their collective hands because they disagree.
Yet all of the posturing misses the point which the State of the Union address always seems to convey – the solutions to those things which ail us generally lie in adopting a larger, more oppressive government.
(continued at delmarvanow.com…)
Hit My Tip Jar
The server isn't free...
And did you know you can support me through Amazon? See right sidebar below.
- CAR/Salisbury Independent forum part 3: District 38
- 2014 Autumn Wine Festival in pictures and text
- CAR/Salisbury Independent forum part 2: District 37
- CAR/Salisbury Independent forum part 1: Wicomico County offices
- Weekend of local rock volume 62
- monoblogue music: “Big Apple Blues” by Tomas Doncker Band
- AAA backs Question 1. But I don’t and here’s why
- Outside the forum
- A sea change in Maryland too?
- Anderton among Constitutional Conservatives for Maryland PAC endorsees
2014 monoblogue Accountability Project
The 2014 edition can be found here, in PDF format.
Campaign 2014 – Maryland
Advertise with monoblogue and you’ll reach a lot of people!
Link to Maryland Democratic Party
Locals flock to monoblogue
More Campaign 2014
Contested races only.
First District - Congress
Maryland General Assembly (local)
Senate District 37
House District 37B
Senate District 38
Mike McDermott (R)Jim Mathias (D)
House District 38A
Charles Otto (R)
Percy Purnell, Jr. (D)
House District 38BNorm Conway (D)
House District 38CJudy Davis (D)
Bob Culver (R)
Rick Pollitt (D)
County Council at-large
Council District 2
Marc Kilmer (R)
Kirby Travers (D)
Council District 3