I thought this came tomorrow but the update was today.
This will be presented in order of votes acquired today, since the pattern of these absentees may provide a clue as to how the remaining few votes could fall. It may only turn out to be a few dozen votes, but now the split between moving on and moving out is just one vote.
- Terry Cohen +51 (now has 583, moves from second to a tie for first)
- Tim Spies +43 (now has 583, falls into a tie for first)
- Orville Dryden +34 (now has 338, stays fifth)
- Muir Boda +29 (now has 409, stays fourth)
- Joel Dixon +24 (now has 299, stays seventh)
- Bruce Ford +23 (now has 300, stays sixth)
- Laura Mitchell +21 (now has 472, stays third)
- Michael Taylor +11 (now has 161, stays eighth)
Interestingly, the absentees hurt Laura Mitchell quite a bit as Muir Boda gained eight votes out of the 236 counted. While it’s only 8% of the total vote, these absentees made enough difference that the battle for sixth will remain uncertain until next week.
So it’s pins and needles for both Bruce Ford and Joel Dixon until the count (and perhaps a recount) finally ends.